Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 September 2012

The BIG Clear out

 
 
Hey Guys,
 
I have finally found the house of my dreams and have bought it.  Things seem to be moving so fast at the minute.  I feel in a bit of a daze.  I put that all down to excitment.
 
I was able to save for the house by cutting out on the amount I spent without having to cut out the amount I bought.  Its all about smart shopping and that's what this blog is all about.
 
Having a look round my room was scary.  The thought of moving all the clutter was stressful so there was only one thing for it.  Get rid of all that clutter.
 
This is what I did:
  • Make up-  If its not my colour or I have never used it - get rid of it.  I probably never will use it.
  • Products - Same as the make up, just let it all go.
  • Clothes - I went through my wardrobe and gathered up anything that no longer fitted (I must accept my love of food means my size 6 days are well and truely gone), anything that as losing its shape, out of fashion or I no longer wore.
  • Jewellery - I was amazed at the amount of jewellery I have never and would never deam of wearing. 
  • Accessories - I have alot of accessories I have bought because they were different and a bit funky but they never went with anything in my wardrobe.
  • DVDs/CDs - This is when I noticed I am a hoarder.  I must have kept every DVD, CD and even video tape I have ever owned.  I had no intention of watching these.
  • Odds and ends - Out, out, out. 
I gathered up enough to have a car boot sale, put any designer gear on ebay or send to a designer second hand shop (which actually give you money for the clothes) and take old books to a second hand book shop.
 
This has made me realise that there are more important things to be spending money on than designer clothes and makeup.  I have made a few more necessary purchases and I will be blogging about them soon.
 
Follow this blog for more product reviews.
 
Laters
 
G xox
 

1 comment:

  1. ooo I am such a hoarder for these things and really need to de-clutter! have fun with the move x

    jennimystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete